Semen and Sire Catalog
Spring-Rock Farm Wagyu semen is produced from carefully selected bulls with only the highest genetic make-up and growth selection factors. Our bull selection team combines the genetic research experience of a physician and a talented “hands on” veterinarian.
Our bulls are 100% Full Blood Wagyu, DNA certified by the American Wagyu Association:
- Adding terminal value to your animals, with top EBV’s, growth factors, and marbling markers,
- Revolutionizing your beef and dairy herd with their marbling power,
- Noted for Calving Ease, Small birth size and docility,
- Starting at $25 per straw for all domestic non CSS shipments
- CSS semen for domestic, South American and Canadian shipment are available upon request
- Volume discounts available
Contact Us for ordering information
Cows & Heifers
We offer 100% Registered Full Blood Wagyu bred cows and heifers for sale. Improving our breed stock from generation to generation, we aim to better the growth, marbling, and milk traits within our herd. Please call our office for information for specifics. We will assist you in finding the starter herd that fits your needs and guide you with our expertise on a daily basis if needed.
The breeding program at Spring-Rock Farm is our strength, our shining star.
To create a unique beef that your favorite chef can make into a great steak, it takes an initial combination of bovine genes that form 60 chromosomes of a genetically unique animal, plus three years at a farm like ours.
Ladder genetics is defined as “using proven carcass data to seek the best in bulls in each ancestral line, providing higher marbled and tender meat with each generation”. We consider:
- Herd growth statistics
- EPDs when available
- Frame scores
- Related marbling carcass photos
What is important in our breed plan is to balance the four ancestral lines of Black Wagyu:
- Tajira/Tajima – known for their marbling
- Shigenami – known for their larger frame and good nature
- Tottori/Kedaka – known for their larger frame and good nature
- Fujiyoshi – known for improved milk and larger frame
We have strict control with inbreeding, using Wright’s Coefficient of Inbreeding as the benchmark. Our interpretation stipulates that every mating is evaluated by three criteria:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 9am to 3pm
Farm Tel: 802-885-7812 (office hours only)
Sheila: 847-702-7812 (for messages)
150 Lower Parker Hill Rd
PO Box 834
Springfield, VT 05156