Saint Patrick’s Day Beef Stew with Guinness and Wagyu
Who needs luck when Wagyu is on the menu? Get into the Saint Patrick’s Day spirit with this Wagyu beef stew, made with none other than Guinness Extra Stout beer.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes | Cook Time: 3 Hours | Total: 3 Hours 15 Minutes | Makes 8 Servings
- 3½ lbs Wagyu beef for stew (order our Wagyu Guinness Beef Stew Bundle for the perfect cuts)
- 5½ tbsp butter
- 2-3 large white onions, chopped
- 4 strips of bacon, raw, cut into ¼ inch slices
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 16 oz Guinness Extra Stout beer (about one and a half bottles)
- 4¼ cups beef stock
- 8-9 small potatoes, peeled
- For a stew, we recommend opting for potatoes with less starch, as these tend to hold up better when cooking. Red potatoes are a great option.
- 1½ tbsp dried marjoram
- ½ tbsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bread, to serve
- Set a large pot on the stove over medium-high heat, allowing the pot to fully heat up before adding ingredients. Once heated, add butter, melt fully, and then add the Wagyu beef. As the beef begins to brown, stir occasionally to ensure cooking on all sides. Once browned, remove the beef from the pot and set aside.
- Add onions and bacon to the pot, stirring constantly for 1-2 minutes. Add tomato paste and flour, continuing to stir for about 3 minutes more, until onions are clear and flour is fully incorporated. Reduce to low heat.
- Pour in the Guinness slowly, followed by beef stock. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer.
- Return Wagyu beef to the pot, and add potatoes, herbs, and salt and pepper. Cover the pot and simmer for 2-3 hours - until the beef is tender and can be easily pulled apart with a fork.
This hearty meal goes well with a loaf of crusty bread and a round of Guinness for the table. Perfect for this end-of-winter weather!
For the perfect stewing meats, check out our Saint Patrick’s Day Wagyu Guinness Beef Stew Bundle of Denver Chuck, Chuck Eye, and Eye of Round cuts of 100% Full-blood Wagyu.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.