Slow Braised Wagyu Short Ribs
This recipe is adapted from a recipe posted on Amy West Travel.
For a truly indulgent and delicious meal, try these Slow Braised Wagyu Short Ribs. Up your culinary game by a few notches, and impress your foodie friends.
1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
2 large Carrots, Peeled, chopped
2 large Onions, Peeled, chopped
2 celery Ribs, Washed, chopped
2 cups Tomato Paste
3 cups Red Wine
4 quarts Beef Broth
1 bunch Fresh Thyme
2 fresh sprigs of Rosemary
2 Bay Leaves
1 bunch fresh Parsley, washed
- Season the Wagyu short ribs on both sides with salt and pepper, and coat the outside with flour.
- Set a large roasting pan over high heat and add vegetable oil. Once hot, sear the meat in the pan, about 8 minutes on each side, until a crust forms. Remove the meat from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the carrots and caramelize. As they begin to brown, add the onions and caramelize. Then add the celery. As the vegetables begin to brown, add the tomato paste and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add in the red wine and allow it to reduce by half.
- Add back in the meet and the herbs, and pour in beef broth to cover 3/4 up the meat. Wrap the pan in foil, and cook at 275 degrees fahrenheit for at least 4 hours, checking the tenderness as it cooks.
- Once cooked, remove the met from the liquid, and strain. Reduce the liquid over medium heat, skimming fat as needed. Use this as sauce for the ribs.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.