Hot Sauce Butter-Based Denver Steaks
Red Clay Hot Sauce Butter-Based Denver Steaks
A recipe by Alec Gioseffi
Featured Cut: 2 Small Denver Chucks
For the Hot Sauce Butter
½ stick of butter, softened
¼ cup hot sauce (we recommend Red Clay Carolina Hot Sauce)
1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, combine butter, hot sauce and chopped cilantro and mix until smooth.
- Place a medium-sized cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, then season the steaks.
- Once the skillet is hot – a drop of water should sizzle on the pan – add the steaks and cook for 4-7 minutes per side, depending on your desired doneness and the thickness of the beef.
- After the final flip, add the hot sauce butter to the pan and with a large spoon begin basting the steaks for 1-2 minutes.
- Once you reach your desired doneness – we recommend using a meat thermometer – remove the steaks from the skillet, let them rest on a cutting board for 8-12 minutes, then slice and serve.